Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Reputation Rewards: Shaman

With 80 right around the corner, I've turned some of my attention to getting ready for Naxx and endgame in general. As many of us know, hitting the level cap is far from the "end" of the game - a newborn 80 is a very different character than one who's well into raiding.

One of the first steps to preparing for Naxx is to make sure you're wearing a healthy amount of high quality "blue" gear. Some of this Item Level 187+ gear can be purchased from various Nothrend faction quartermasters after certain reputation levels have been earned.

Matthew Rossi over at WowInsider wrote a nice breakdown of rep gear for Shaman, but it's in paragraph form and was hard for me to scan, so here's the list in tabular form, complete with Wowhead rollovers:

Northrend Reputation Rewards: Shaman

Regardless of whether or not I decide to stay Elemental or go back to Enhancement, the two reps I'm already interested in are:
  • Sons of Hodir for the shoulder enchants
  • Wrymrest Accord for the dragon mount
/start-rant

From there, I have some decisions to make, spec-wise. Hopefully 3.04 will be released soon and Elemental will get their much needed buffs, but from what I've been reading it's not looking good. :( Some math is showing equally-geared Elemental Shamans doing 2/3's the DPS of a Mage or Hunter. That's 66%. Ouch. Give me 80% or 90% and I'll close the gap by working extra hard at gearing up, but c'mon Blizzard... 66%?

/end-rant

3 comments:

Rakhman said...

I also did a chatty summary here http://flameshock.blogspot.com/2008/11/shaman-wrath-reputation-rewards-and.html

Nice table tho!

Ashuna said...

Out of curiousity, why (per your rep rewards breakdown)would you say the kilt of dark mercy would not be considered a resto spec item?

Ashuna said...

Edit: Was looking at it crosseyed or something. Forgive my blindness.